Out With the Old...
I happened to stumble across one of my first attempts at keeping a blog the other day. I started it like two or three years ago with a good friend of mine, whatever, we were just goofing off. I was amazed at how much I have changed since then. Two years?! The stuff that seemed to be such a big deal to me then, really aren't important to me anymore. I can't believe how superficial I was. Everything was about who's dating who, who's doing what with who, the latest high school drama. Of course, I still enjoy hearing my share of gossip every now and then, but that isn't my life anymore. There are so many other, more important things to live for and value. I guess that's just one of many lessons that have come to me since I started high school. You kind of learn to put more emphasis on yourself, to improve the status of your life. That doesn't mean I don't love to live it up with my friends...but I enjoy the time that I can take for myself. I can clear my mind of the drama, of all that stuff that people throw at me, asking for advice all the time. I don't mind being the one that listens, but sometimes it gets overwhelming. So now I'm rambling. Until next time...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home