Wednesday, August 24, 2005

...with tears in my eyes...

Saying goodbye is the hardest part of living. Funny how the tears still keep coming, and that they're coming down not for the people that I've spent the past year and a half or so getting to know...but for the "big sister" I've come to love like family, the younger ones that I just met a few short months ago. I cry because I feel like my time with all of them got cut way short, but also because I'm so proud of how far they have come. Working at the two high schools has been a bit of a split universe. At one end, the group is eager to learn from me, I'm wanted, I'm needed. At the other, I went back every few days because I felt like maybe (just maybe) I could hang on to some semblence of a friendship with these people. The drama got to us, when I swore it never would, and I'm not the same person I was at the end of school. I feel like I've changed for the better, while they're still spinning in circles: So go on and twirl, spin as fast as you can, search through your lives for something more meaningful than this. While you were lost, I found my wings, and I'm taking off. College- here I come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home