Random Poems I've Written #2
Jekyll and Hyde
I am a two-toned soul,
But it always feels like,
I'm racing to catch up to my shadows.
Mask
The dark circles have stained my eyes,
deep purples that look like bruises.
Maybe they are.
Gingerly I raise my hands to touch them,
Careful so as not to break the mask I wear.
For safety.
All at once I feel exposed and naked,
my face transforming into a thousand others.
But none are me.
Years have passed since I saw a "me,"
time pushing that away to nothingness.
These are closed windows.
Somewhere between the truth and the lies,
is my spirit died red by my soul.
A potent fire.
I say I can't be touched if I live like this,
I know I won't be hurt if I'm hidden.
And yet I feel like,
It's time to LIVE.
I am a two-toned soul,
But it always feels like,
I'm racing to catch up to my shadows.
Mask
The dark circles have stained my eyes,
deep purples that look like bruises.
Maybe they are.
Gingerly I raise my hands to touch them,
Careful so as not to break the mask I wear.
For safety.
All at once I feel exposed and naked,
my face transforming into a thousand others.
But none are me.
Years have passed since I saw a "me,"
time pushing that away to nothingness.
These are closed windows.
Somewhere between the truth and the lies,
is my spirit died red by my soul.
A potent fire.
I say I can't be touched if I live like this,
I know I won't be hurt if I'm hidden.
And yet I feel like,
It's time to LIVE.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home