Up Against The Wall...
I feel like I've been too quick to judge my life right now. I had these preconceived notions when I moved in here that things would be perfect. I'd have the perfect social life with the perfect friends. I had my parents and my older friends telling me "You'll love college!" and I stupidly equated that with 100% perfection. Wake up call. There's the same drama, the same types of people as before...we're all just a little older but none the wiser. I've watched the seniors (you know, the ones that should have it together...) walking around campus and half of them don't know what direction their moving it seems. So I guess my first three weeks here have shown me that there really is no path in life. You pick some, you get lost, you find a new one. There isn't a "one" path that everyone's supposed to follow. It's so much cooler to fly by the seat of your pants anyway, isn't it? I think, in a way, that my ideas about fate have changed too. It's still there and I know that fate is real...but it's not as one-tracked as I'd always believed. Like all the choices you can have in life, you have multiple fates to select. And I think I just found a little bit of myself for saying that (that's what college is all about, right?). Whoa.
Let the psychological revolution begin...
Let the psychological revolution begin...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home