Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Way I See It

Every so often, things happen to remind me that we all aren't here for long. Our lives are but snapshots of something bigger than ourselves. We make up a part of a whole that's always changing. We live, we learn, we die. In the big picture, what we do in the here and now doesn't matter at all. Even the world's greatest accomplishments have lost their original radiance. They're fact, they're just there. Why bother? I guess because humans are creatures of the present. We want what we want NOW...and we only look to the future for ways to improve ourselves and add to our happiness. The future is just a distant present. We look backwards to the past to learn and make our present better. The past is just the present that we've already lived. It's all the same. Doing something with our lives gives us a sense of satisfaction now, even though those moments are only fleeting in the grand scheme of things.

Time to go off on a random tangent:

God, please don't take my grandfather yet. I don't want his lung cancer to be the reason why I finally forge some sort of bond with him. Be with my mom...because I know she's scared...and please help feel comfortable telling me how he's doing when I can't be there to see for myself.

I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home