I see white!
It seems that my new muse is flying around right outside my window.
I love snow. There's something about it that makes people feel so happy and warm inside. For me, it's a comfort thing. I remember as a kid sitting on my bed staring out my window for hours on end watching the snow come down and gradually pile up into the soft mounds I knew I'd jump in later. There was the hot chocolate, the warm blankets, the good book, the coziness, the overall innocense you feel seeing something so delicate swirl around in the air. Although, this snow is a bit odd because for the first time, I'm not sitting in my room at home enjoying it. There's no hot chocolate, no good book, no warm blanket, just me sitting here typing in an empty dorm room. I don't feel as safe as I did at home watching it fall. If anything, this snow makes me feel more vulnerable because it reminds me how much things have really changed since the end of August.
Then again, some things haven't. Even though I'm somewhere else entirely, the snow is still falling. I can find some solace in the fact that even though everything around me is changing, the snow can still come down. It's that happy constant that gives me a sense of belonging and comfort now. Something as simple as a snowflake keeps me tied to my past, keeps me grounded in a place where it's so easy to lose yourself to life's temptations.
Stay pure, stay true.
I need him to cuddle with. It's just been that type of day.
I love snow. There's something about it that makes people feel so happy and warm inside. For me, it's a comfort thing. I remember as a kid sitting on my bed staring out my window for hours on end watching the snow come down and gradually pile up into the soft mounds I knew I'd jump in later. There was the hot chocolate, the warm blankets, the good book, the coziness, the overall innocense you feel seeing something so delicate swirl around in the air. Although, this snow is a bit odd because for the first time, I'm not sitting in my room at home enjoying it. There's no hot chocolate, no good book, no warm blanket, just me sitting here typing in an empty dorm room. I don't feel as safe as I did at home watching it fall. If anything, this snow makes me feel more vulnerable because it reminds me how much things have really changed since the end of August.
Then again, some things haven't. Even though I'm somewhere else entirely, the snow is still falling. I can find some solace in the fact that even though everything around me is changing, the snow can still come down. It's that happy constant that gives me a sense of belonging and comfort now. Something as simple as a snowflake keeps me tied to my past, keeps me grounded in a place where it's so easy to lose yourself to life's temptations.
Stay pure, stay true.
I need him to cuddle with. It's just been that type of day.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home