Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Keep yourself busy...

...that's what they keep telling me to do. If I can distract myself I'll forget how much I miss him, they say. I don't want to forget that. Ever. Missing him reminds me how much I love him and missing him makes me remember all the fun times we've shared together. In a weird way, missing him keeps me happy. At least I have something back home that's amazing enough to miss when we can't see each other. For that I am lucky.

On another note, it feels good to be back at school. I missed going to class and being challenged. Call me a nerd, but I love learning. Pushing my mind to see things in new ways is really fulfilling to me. I'm doing much better socially too, partially because my time management skills have improved to the point where I can allot more time to hang out with my friends while stil getting all my work done. I guess I overall feel less trapped here than I did last semester. I'm much more secure in my relationships with people back home, which has given me the freedom to expand some friendships down here with people that I had "sort of" spent some time with last semester but had mostly stayed closed off to.

What a beautiful life I have...and it's only going to get better from here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

laura face....i miss u already. i didnt even get to say goodbye :(

~kels

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home