Just some thoughts...
As an avid reader, I always find myself gravitating toward the sort of books and essays that seek to change your outlook on the world. They're the ones that stick in my head and present issues that I grapple with for weeks at a time. They challenge me, I appreciate being able to push my mind a little deeper to figure out what it is that I truly believe.
That is, until I read something religious. Growing up, I was always forced to go to church on Sunday. I would always go because that was what was expected of me. I never really took the time to internalize any sort of message. I appreciated the Bible (and still d0) more as a work of literature rather than as a guide for how to live life. The thought of a divine presence watching over all of us is kind of strange to me, and kind of scary-which is why I try my hardest to keep my mind from wondering about it. I wouldn't call myself a "non-believer"...maybe somewhat more of a hesitant Christian. I believe in the religion's values and morals, whole-heartedly for the most part. Sometimes I regret not having taken anything more to heart. I'm sure it helps to have some place to go for a source of comfort in a way that no one else can provide it. Maybe some day I'll be able to open myself up to it all a little more. After all, isn't religion at its root about discovering its meanings for yourself?
*switches subject*
I'm very excited about my transfer out of here. Now more than ever, I find myself counting down the weeks until I can say goodbye to this place forever. It's just not the right fit for me. And I think that my new school will be. I'm way too family and friends-oriented to be so far from all of them.
I can't wait to "grow up." Sure I'm legally an adult, but I mean I'm excited to starting a career and a family and having my own place and my own car, my own things. MY OWN. Granted, I know that the true world of adulthood presents way more challenges than I can handle right now...so I'm in no rush. I am fully committed to making the most out of my college years no matter what. I have faith in the fact that when it is time for me to settle down and begin my more long-term life, I'll know and I'll be equipped to do it.
Life is crazy. One big beautiful, crazy ride.
That is, until I read something religious. Growing up, I was always forced to go to church on Sunday. I would always go because that was what was expected of me. I never really took the time to internalize any sort of message. I appreciated the Bible (and still d0) more as a work of literature rather than as a guide for how to live life. The thought of a divine presence watching over all of us is kind of strange to me, and kind of scary-which is why I try my hardest to keep my mind from wondering about it. I wouldn't call myself a "non-believer"...maybe somewhat more of a hesitant Christian. I believe in the religion's values and morals, whole-heartedly for the most part. Sometimes I regret not having taken anything more to heart. I'm sure it helps to have some place to go for a source of comfort in a way that no one else can provide it. Maybe some day I'll be able to open myself up to it all a little more. After all, isn't religion at its root about discovering its meanings for yourself?
*switches subject*
I'm very excited about my transfer out of here. Now more than ever, I find myself counting down the weeks until I can say goodbye to this place forever. It's just not the right fit for me. And I think that my new school will be. I'm way too family and friends-oriented to be so far from all of them.
I can't wait to "grow up." Sure I'm legally an adult, but I mean I'm excited to starting a career and a family and having my own place and my own car, my own things. MY OWN. Granted, I know that the true world of adulthood presents way more challenges than I can handle right now...so I'm in no rush. I am fully committed to making the most out of my college years no matter what. I have faith in the fact that when it is time for me to settle down and begin my more long-term life, I'll know and I'll be equipped to do it.
Life is crazy. One big beautiful, crazy ride.


1 Comments:
hey laura,
i really wanted to see the whiz the other day...i was working though =( o well, at least i get a day off tomorrow. i hope you and everyone else had fun though =)
i would like to say that im religious, like i pray every night and i occasionally go to church, but sometimes i don't feel it. i wish something would make me just more of an avid christian. i mean i do believe and everything, but it's not like some people...who really really believe. lol i hope that makes sense. im religious but not all at the same time.
ggoshh it's so early...i actually woke up at 6:30 am this morning. i went to bed around 2 so it doesnt make too much sense. hehe
i cant wait to see ya around school, i really hope you like it at cp =) there's just so many people that u can meet and so many activities.
alright, i have to eat some breakfast, head to the library, and then work =) fun times lol cyya laura!
Post a Comment
<< Home