Yay for slacking.
I should be working on a paper right now, but I can't bring myself to focus on it. I have a lot of other things on my mind, so I figured I'd post.
One of my good friends down here is getting married this summer-civil ceremony first, and a religious one next year. She's 19 (I know it's a tad young), but I have never seen someone so completely and utterly in love as she is. Her boyfriend is in the military right now, so she doesn't get to see him much. When he comes here to visit for a weekend, I can say that you will never see her more elated. Even yesterday, telling me about the wedding in June, she started giddily hopping down the path. A few weekends ago, her eyes welled up with tears of happiness when she was telling us how the two of them met and fell in love. It's your typical high school sweethearts story-they've been together for almost five years now...and they just know it's time. I have no doubts in my mind that they won't do well together. It's stories like hers that can make us all see the power of love.
Without getting way ahead of myself and my future, a big part of me hopes that I can have a story like hers when the time is right.
A friend from high school just had a baby last week. It blows my mind how someone can go from a kid to a mother so quickly. In a matter of years since she graduated, everything in her life has changed. She is headed down the right path with it all though, she's gonna be fine.
I've been reading in English a lot about the nature of love. I have to admit I find it all pretty interesting, being in love myself. Everything I've read so far harps on the fact that the actual physical lust lasts only a few years (if that) and then some bodily chemicals change...and attachment ensues. The strength of that attachment determines how far beyond the "lust stage" the relationship will last. Looking back, I can think of a lot of examples of couples from years past that didn't make it much farther than those first few years. Kind of explains things and why they went downhill I guess. It's all pretty cool because it just proves that love is a natural phenomenon...no one is "safe" from it.
One of my good friends down here is getting married this summer-civil ceremony first, and a religious one next year. She's 19 (I know it's a tad young), but I have never seen someone so completely and utterly in love as she is. Her boyfriend is in the military right now, so she doesn't get to see him much. When he comes here to visit for a weekend, I can say that you will never see her more elated. Even yesterday, telling me about the wedding in June, she started giddily hopping down the path. A few weekends ago, her eyes welled up with tears of happiness when she was telling us how the two of them met and fell in love. It's your typical high school sweethearts story-they've been together for almost five years now...and they just know it's time. I have no doubts in my mind that they won't do well together. It's stories like hers that can make us all see the power of love.
Without getting way ahead of myself and my future, a big part of me hopes that I can have a story like hers when the time is right.
A friend from high school just had a baby last week. It blows my mind how someone can go from a kid to a mother so quickly. In a matter of years since she graduated, everything in her life has changed. She is headed down the right path with it all though, she's gonna be fine.
I've been reading in English a lot about the nature of love. I have to admit I find it all pretty interesting, being in love myself. Everything I've read so far harps on the fact that the actual physical lust lasts only a few years (if that) and then some bodily chemicals change...and attachment ensues. The strength of that attachment determines how far beyond the "lust stage" the relationship will last. Looking back, I can think of a lot of examples of couples from years past that didn't make it much farther than those first few years. Kind of explains things and why they went downhill I guess. It's all pretty cool because it just proves that love is a natural phenomenon...no one is "safe" from it.


1 Comments:
heyy laura,
there are two other people who know about my blog. i know they wouldn't comment on my blog, but they never talk to me about in person. i guess im fine with it for the most part because i realize what i write is sort of personal. but i just wanted to say thank you for commenting and all, it makes me feel better in so many ways.
so i've been realizing that relationships are just strange..although u may lose those gutsy-pre-dating-feelings, there's something deeper that results. i mean at the beginning you're never as comfortable, but in the end you're more in love than ever. that's when i think the little stuff can start to get in the way because you would have gotten to know that person. but like you said, although about something different, it's normal.
good luck with your job hunt and all, i'll ttyl laura =)
Post a Comment
<< Home