I'm boycotting titles.
The past few weeks have been a whirlwind. This is one of the first times that I have given myself the time to let everything settle in my own mind so that I can reflect.
Leaving school was a very weird experience. I cried, a lot more than I let people know. How do you say goodbye to the place that gave you so much? Sure, I hated it at times...but that school helped me grow up, and spread my wings. I'm more independent now, and I'd like to think more mature (yeah, maybe).
Being home has allowed to me to really reconnect with the people that I'd lost touch with this past year, or partially drifted away from. That's been such a blessing for me.
Do you ever wonder what some people are really like behind the scenes, behind that mask? If we all had a secret blog like this...what would we say? Who would we choose to let into our world? Why them? I'd like to think that our actions and our behavior establish our trustability to others (is that even a word?!). But I don't know that anyone really ever can be completely trustworthy. We are all guilty of betrayal and spreading truths that are better left hidden. Self-gratification at its best, I guess.
Our universal guilt kind of ties into the whole idea of hypocrisy...which is something that I've been thinking a whole lot about lately. What is it exactly that makes us all say one thing, and do something completely different? Yes, human imperfection certainly plays a part...but we have free will. Why do we choose to speak as though we are the people we want to be, but act in a way that we never hoped to? I feel like I'm getting lost in all of this stuff...I'm going to go drown in my thoughts.
Maybe next time I'll have more answers than questions. Yeah, maybe.
Leaving school was a very weird experience. I cried, a lot more than I let people know. How do you say goodbye to the place that gave you so much? Sure, I hated it at times...but that school helped me grow up, and spread my wings. I'm more independent now, and I'd like to think more mature (yeah, maybe).
Being home has allowed to me to really reconnect with the people that I'd lost touch with this past year, or partially drifted away from. That's been such a blessing for me.
Do you ever wonder what some people are really like behind the scenes, behind that mask? If we all had a secret blog like this...what would we say? Who would we choose to let into our world? Why them? I'd like to think that our actions and our behavior establish our trustability to others (is that even a word?!). But I don't know that anyone really ever can be completely trustworthy. We are all guilty of betrayal and spreading truths that are better left hidden. Self-gratification at its best, I guess.
Our universal guilt kind of ties into the whole idea of hypocrisy...which is something that I've been thinking a whole lot about lately. What is it exactly that makes us all say one thing, and do something completely different? Yes, human imperfection certainly plays a part...but we have free will. Why do we choose to speak as though we are the people we want to be, but act in a way that we never hoped to? I feel like I'm getting lost in all of this stuff...I'm going to go drown in my thoughts.
Maybe next time I'll have more answers than questions. Yeah, maybe.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home