Random Musings
I had a moment of true, overwhelming clarity last week. I've been basically MIA for the past fourteen days or so from coaching guard up at QOHS. The girls up there are cool, albeit not always completely in the mental game. No matter, they're a young squad and they'll get over that hump eventually. But that's not the point. All it takes for me to renew my belief that guard has really helped shape me into who I am today is to see the improvements these girls have made over the past few weeks. And I'm not talking about equipment skills. In just a short time, I have seen these girls really start to come out of their shells and be more comfortable in their own skin. Besides watching them master new flag, rifle, or dance skills...it's a joy to see these ladies coming into their own as performers and people. I'd never tell any of them this, because I want to keep pushing them to be better...but I'm already proud of them. I can see a little bit of myself in each and every one of them. I can only hope that they have been getting as much out of their experience thus far as I did when I first started out. And I know that I keep going back to that point, but I really do think we'd all be happier people if we could just pick up a flag and spin it.
Maybe part of that transformation from shy little girls to outgoing, confident young ladies is part of what keeps Liz coming back year after year. If that's the case, I can certainly see why now. It's really cool.
And I'm also glad I've been able to share such a big part of my summer with Liz and Patricia. They're flatout awesome to work with. Patricia keeps me grounded and calm-she's so patient. And Liz, well she's just Liz. I'm glad I never really needed to say goodbye to her after graduation. Even after 6 years of knowing each other, guard without Liz just seems weird. Love them both to death, like sisters.
Oh and if you were wondering, Chris and I? We're doing great. :)
Maybe part of that transformation from shy little girls to outgoing, confident young ladies is part of what keeps Liz coming back year after year. If that's the case, I can certainly see why now. It's really cool.
And I'm also glad I've been able to share such a big part of my summer with Liz and Patricia. They're flatout awesome to work with. Patricia keeps me grounded and calm-she's so patient. And Liz, well she's just Liz. I'm glad I never really needed to say goodbye to her after graduation. Even after 6 years of knowing each other, guard without Liz just seems weird. Love them both to death, like sisters.
Oh and if you were wondering, Chris and I? We're doing great. :)


1 Comments:
why were you up at 1 in the morning goober? you should sleep
oh well, I still love you beautiful...mwah
Post a Comment
<< Home