Friday, August 11, 2006

Sometimes I need nights like tonight, to remind myself of who I am lucky and blessed enough to have in my life. Being around people who have known you since you started high school (and some from way before that), who have supported you through every single one of life's problems, who have leaned on you just as much...it was all so refreshing. We didn't talk about our life's drama, about who's mad at who, or who's not speaking to who anymore. No, it was way more about enjoying each other's company, telling funny stories, reminiscing, reclaiming our old identities in the group, feeling a sense of comfort. It was that old belonging feeling that I'd been seeking this whole past year to find. And now that I've had it for just one night, I feel completely recharged. I'm glad that we're the type of group that can spend months apart but that can still come back and piece together a truly memorable night.

That's the definition of band love.

World, bring it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home